- Tohona Chul – tea, breakfast or lunch. Prickly pear lemonade is a must! Set in a desert botanic garden you can walk through.
- Arizona Inn for lunch poolside or in the restaurant. I used to poach the pool but they might’ve cracked down on that.
- Hacienda del Sol
- Wildflowers – Best bar menu and all time favorite Tucson restaurant.
- Congress Hotel – downtown for drinks or a meal. Cool atmosphere.
- Finger Rock hike
- Romero pools hike
- Saguaro National Monument Park hikes
- East side – the Rincons
- Gates Pass for sunset view/mini hike
- University of Arizona has a small art gallery:exhibit and separate photo gallery that are worth a stop.
- Bookman’s – great used books and stuff store. Several locations.
- Desert Museum
- Farmers Market
- Tucson Botanical Gardens which is another great stop.
- Day of the Dead – huge parade
Local’s Favorite Tips
- Tania’s Tortilla Factory – posole
- El Indio – southside. Burritos.
- Guero canelo- Carne Asada.
- Algernon – Sonoran Hot Dog – It’s in a tent in a vacant lot but it’s so worth it. The fresh limeade is the best also.
- 47 Scott – downtown
- Maynard’s – downtown