Travel Tips – Turks & Caicos
- Airport Transfer: $43.00 p/p or ride (?) transport from Airport to Hotel
- Clayton Cox of 3 C’s Taxi Service (tel. 649/244-1546)
- Lorenzo’s Taxi & Tours (tel. 649/243-8907)
- Gray’s Taxi & Tours (tel. 649/242-3166)
- Boy Hall & Son Taxi (tel. 649/244-3894 or 649/231-6308).
If you find a taxi driver you like, ask for his or her card or jot down the number on the side of the van, and avail yourself of his or her services throughout your trip (taxi drivers are also happy to show you around the island — be sure to negotiate the fee upfront).
The Shore Club – Toll Free: 1.888.808.9488
Spring Break April 18-22, 2018
- Junior Suite Garden View
- King Bed
- Breakfast included
- Welcome Drink!
- Travel Protection
- Cost: $2298.00
- da conch shack Fun, great beach bar/view – picnic tables, rum punch, fun vibe:
- Coco Bistro – Nicer, fancy Dinner in cool old plantation house. Coco Van is way better – stylish food truck in a garden setting, casual picnic tables, tiki torches, amazing food. Coco Van at Coco Bistro. CC Bistro is supposedly the best restaurant in TC and normally need to book months ahead. We didn’t go there but we went to the outpost, CoCo Van which is an food truck that sits on the grounds of the restaurant. Very cute, hip, casual outdoor space with wait staff that serves from the truck. Has a full bar so fun to go for cocktails and small bites.
- graces cottage Fancier, nice restaurant. Decent food, cute old house, great atmosphere, VERY ROMANTIC
DINING – DIDN’T GO – BUT RECOMMENDED:
- Amanyara – Too far/expensive cab ride
- Provence: French cuisine. This was our favorite restaurant during our trip, good for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We had an amazing dinner there and if you had to do one meal here, I’d do dinner. In Grace Bay by Salt Mill Shopping area.
- Lemon to Go Coffee Shop. Grace Bay. Salt Mill shopping area. Cute
- Turks and Kababs. Caribbean middle eastern inspired food. Kind of like a hole in the wall, casual outdoor place. Good for a quick lunch, they have really good rum punch! Grace Bay.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Bight Park Fish Fry – YES / Highlight of trip! Locals scene. Great food and vibe!
- PotCakes in the Salt Mill Shopping area. There’s a stray dog epidemic and was pretty bad back in the day. This woman came in and opened up a shelter that took in all the puppies and strays and put them up for adoption for tourists. They will prepare all the paperwork and provide dog with all shots, so that tourists can take the dogs home. They also take on volunteers who will chaperone a pup on a flight to their new owner. They allow people to sign out the dogs in the morning for walks and playtime on the beach. Smelled really bad. In a strip mall.
- Conch Bar Caves
HAPPY HOUR/SUNSET DRINKS:
- somewhere cafe and lounge – Good sunset watching/vibe upstairs on Grace Bay beach:
- Hemingway’s – Caribbean/International – Grace Bay
- Gansevoort – Grace Bay – They have a good bar scene. One can spend time on their beach which was really nice. Normally it’s for guests only, but if you ask the beach staff nicely and “take care” of them — they’ll get you beach chairs and towels.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bug Spray is recommended (we didn’t need it)
- Casual clothes