Crashing waves, rugged cliffs and mile after mile of pristine beaches – travelers will agree, these Laguna Beach icons are only part of the attraction to this idyllic California getaway. Conveniently located mid-way between Los Angeles and San Diego, this beguiling seaside village of about 25,000 residents is also home to hundreds of local working artists, charming streets lined with one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants, and a plethora of art and musical events throughout the year. Discover Orange County’s 42-mile stretch of beaches – the perfect backdrop for surfing, swimming and other water activities.
No other hilltop retreat comes close to Montage Laguna Beach, the vacation estate that set high atop a coastal bluff. The 5-star property typifies the Craftsman-inspired architecture that blends well with the rugged coastline. The hotel’s 250 rooms are appointed with luxurious amenities including high-end entertainment systems, free wireless Internet access, beds with pillowtop mattresses and posh bathrooms. All rooms have balconies with views of the ocean. Property amenities include a full-service spa, swimming pools, health club, and business center, to mention a few. Meeting spaces are also provided for private events.
Great view for sunset/Happy Hour/Bars:
- Saturday sunset drinks: K’ya (rooftop Laguna Beach)
- Drinks at the rooftop bar at La Casa Del Camino (which is a hotel – sunset/happy hour/drinks out – Or the Deck. Both are great, and right on the water.
- Friday 5 PM happy hour: The deck @ pacific edge hotel – young hip happy hour lunch
- Las Brisas – Famous Mexican food spot
- Brussel’s Bistro (classic Belgian spot – great beers; happy hour)
- The Marine Room – dive bar downtown
- Dinner at high top table: Watermarc – California fusion; feels like treehouse
- Dinner – Nick’s – a Laguna staple; often packed; California
- Asada – great Mexican
- 230 Forest Avenue – California Cuisine; lively atmosphere; lemon drop martinis – right downtown. Lunch/Dinner
- Alessa – dinner
- Three Seventy Common – California; seems to lean organic; changing menu
- Zinc – Favorite breakfast (or take out bars goods or salads), Great shop inside too.
- La Sirena
- Madison Square – breakfast
- Laguna Coffee
- Bear Flag – outdoor strip mall, lunch take away
- Z Pizza
Nightlife: Sleepy beach town – nightlife until 11:30 PM; most places are closed by 10 PM; Drive up to the PCH strip in Corona del Mar – there’s a few restaurants up there as well that might have hopping bar scenes.
- Sand Piper
- Whitehouse – live bands – open late on the weekends
- Maestros upscale restaurant – piano bar (Corona del Mar)
- Javier’s (Corona del Mar) – Great margaritas, Mexican food, Tres Leches, buzzy SoCal vibe
- Dana Point Harbor – bike rentals – ride along the coastline to San Clemente pier – 10 miles round trip
- Laguna Beach Farmers’ Market – Every Saturday, visitors and locals alike gather for the weekly Laguna Beach Farmers’ Market. The farmers feature fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts brought straight from the farm to the public. After the market, explore The Shops at Montage or other Laguna Beach activities.
- Laguna Nails & Spa
- Daisy Blue – tank tops, cheap dresses