News roundup LLT.LTD – Spring 2020
llt.ltd creative, strategic branding & communication
Aspen Shakti – Aspen’s destination yoga studio, alchemy spa and wellness center is dedicated to inspiring physical, emotional and spiritual strength in a luminous space with gracious hospitality, cutting-edge teachers, a variety of quality classes, alchemy and shamanic healing and a carefully curated mix of inspired products and services. Founder, Jayne Gottlieb is a thought leader, community gatherer and the magnetic force behind Aspen Shakti. www.aspenshakti.com
NEW CLASSES – Meditate with an Olympian:
- Olympic athlete, Gretchen Bleiler & the “Madonna of Yoga” Jayne Gottlieb lead Meditation & Kirtan – Mondays 4:30-5:30PM
- Moi Cycle Matte Pilates – Strong core class in the mornings
- Back by popular demand…. Mountaintop Yoga startsmid-June through mid-September: 5 days a week at the top of Aspen Mountain: 10:30AM-11:30AM $10 cash donation, mats included.
NEW EVENTS – Empowerment through Spirituality & Sexuality:
- Buddhi Fest – Saturday, Aug. 22, 2020
One day of creativity, sexuality, spirituality empowerment with special guests and a moderated panel discussion with Stoya, an American pornographic actress, model and writer, and Daoist Priest & Dominatrix, Kasia Urbanik. Buddhi Fest will feature a ‘Twerk Shop,’ a Carnevale-like makeup artist and a DJ Buddhi class at the end that will turn into a big dance party. The all-inclusive event which includes healthy food will be capped at 200 people in a tent on the Hotel Jerome lawn.
- Breaking Beliefs – April 7-10, 2020 – Using four levels of perception over four days, dismantle and alchemize the thought in order to recreate it. This immersion will magnify the benefits of strong physical movement, Shamanism, breath and meditation by drawing participants into an immersive experience, all while accommodating your daily life versus a retreat environment.
- Buddhi Retreat – Maui in early October 2020. Buddhi heads to Hawaii for this immersive retreat aimed at fostering creativity, sexuality, spirituality and empowerment.
- The Enlightenment Library at the Aspen Shakti store.
- The Meditation Zone – This is a vignette example of what you can do in your own home.
- Shamanic Astrology readings by Sheridan Semple.
- Reiki Healings – Intuitive energy healings by practitioner Marisa Hallsted.
- Shamanic Healing by Jenna Walter.
Aspen Custom Vans -Own, rent or remodelfrom a fleet of customized4x4 Mercedes Sprinter vans. Functional, custom-designed and attractive, these vans are built-out with every luxury in mind. The 4-person dinette converts to a queen-sized bed with accessible storage solutions below. Custom van rentals for $220/night ~ Fractional ownership of vans ~ Fairly priced remodels & build-outs ~ Consultation for people interested in building out their own custom vans ~ www.aspencustomvans.com
Bespoke #Vanlife: Rejecting the cookie-cutter approach to RV rentals, Aspen Custom Vans is in the business of helping people create memories with their family and loved ones. Aspen-based founders Kimbo and Jason Schirato partner with peer-to-peer rental company Outdoorsy to offer customized van rentals, including:
- The security of roadside assistance.
- Insurance up to $1 million.
- Travel connoisseurs to offer support such as smore-cooking 101 + destination guides.
- Home is where you park it – no setup or teardown at each destination.
Custom Conversions Build + Available to Rent -Photos Available
Check out the new builds! https://www.aspencustomvans.com/van-conversions)
‘Grey Wolf’ – 2018 170 WB Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van -This is the perfect family van.New 2018 Sprinter 2500 with 1500 miles, built to seat and sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. The bed was built with bike storage in mind, adding flares for sideways sleeping. The kitchen features clever storage, trash drawers, and a deep sink with hot and cold water. There is a hot and cold water shower out of the back to spray down bikes, dogs and kids. An induction cook-top plugs into any outlet. The second row 2-seater bench seat is perfect for kids, and both front seats swivel for socializing and to accommodate the amazing double bunk kid sleeping system. Finally, a removable cassette RV toilet is located in a drawer that you can use inside or out.
Ski With Kim – When she isn’t at home in Aspen, CO or surfing at her off-the-grid casa in Baja, Mexico — the World, U.S. and South American Extreme Skiing Champion, Kim Reichhelm, can be found on the slopes, just about anywhere in the world, hosting adventurous, exciting and life-changing ski camps. Kim’s ski camps are unique and valuable experiential trips that leave lasting memories. Kim has skied with the U.S. Ski Team, the Women’s Pro Tour and has made numerous television appearances including Late Night with David Letterman, Dateline NBC, ESPN and FOX. She was recently named by SKI magazine as one of the “Top Most Influential Skiers of All Time.” www.skiwithkim.com
Spring & Summer Ski Adventures:
- ALASKA | HELI-SKIING April 2020 – Kim and her majestic guides head to Northern Chugach and Talkeetna Mountains. 4, 5 & 7 days.
- MANIITSOQ,GREENLAND | HELI-SKIING April 1-8, 2020 – 4, 5 & 7 days.
- PORTILLO, CHILE | COED GUIDED SKIING August 2020 – Summertime skiing with Kim in her 13th season skiing in Chile / 6 days. Private & custom trips available.
- PORTILLO, CHILE | HELI-SKIING August 2020 – Heli-skiing in the Andes means you are enjoying the world’s longest continental mountain range and the highest mountain chain outside of the Himalayas / 7 days. Private & custom trips available.
Story Idea: Skiing & surfing – Live by the same rules:
Reichhelm’s surfing career started in Baja, Mexico when she was 35 years old. Although far from perfect, since then she has spent many a day on the waters of Baja trying to perfect her wave riding. A fortuitous opportunity while visiting Bali, Indonesia, put her in the position of “trying to get comfortable with the uncomfortable feeling of being challenged, Reichhelmsaid: “I realized that this is how some of my clients feel, completely intimidated and unable to function because of apprehension. I’m in my 50s; I’m not the fearless maniac I used to be. But this does not mean I can’t learn and improve. We all need to take on challenges in small pieces and embrace the uncomfortable. Whether in sports or in life, we never know where the reward may lie.”
Spiro Lyon ~ Glass Casting & Blowing
Founded in 1924 by Lee Lyon, Jacqueline Spiro-Balderson partnered with Lyon in 1990, and a few years later, Dylan Balderson joined the Spiro Lyon Glass team with experience in glassblowing and an expertise in woodworking. For the past 23 years, the three of them have explored the many aspects of glass for use in design, sculpture, craft, and architecture — along with creating their one of a kind glass casting technique. http://www.spirolyonglass.com/
New Kiln in the Roaring Fork Valley: Spiro-Balderson is building a brand-new kiln in the Roaring Fork Valley “brick by brick.” Planned for completion this month, stay tuned for more details about their unique project of building a glass furnace. The hot glass team is available to speak more about this project that will elevate glass works created here in the valley. Classes to resume in spring of 2020.
Demesne Architecture – Distinction by design — using a holistic approach to architecture, interiors and landscaping, Demesne does not see three separate jobs, rather three entities considered together: a site, a building and the people. Architecture and design become the solution, contextualizing the home within the context of form, function and living. Demesne uses an architectural vocabulary, including climate, setting and the lifestyle needs of the client. With offices in Dallas and Aspen, Demesne has designed boutique hospitality and luxury residential architecture and interiors for over 15 years. https://www.demesne.design/
Architecture Trends –
● Thoughtful Design Replaces Square Footage = land costs + people being more aware of the environment. Tricking them out more = higher quality and more spent per square foot, but with thoughtful design in a space that is slightly smaller.
● Rejecting High-Tech in the Home – Gratuitous tech in the home rejects the complication of “homeowners wanting their tech to work but wanting to get away from the complications of it.” Wanting homes to be a real place of refuge. Future of tech is still uncertain – homeowners are asking “how is this technology ultimately going to change what we do and how we live?’
Potential Story Ideas:
New Featured Build: Webb project -Cabins at the Roaring Fork Club
- Exterior in traditional cabin-style with modern interiors and unique elements.
- This is a traditional woodsy cabin with a rustic, warm feel. Every square inch is wood but clean with thoughtful lines and design.
Artist’s Barn Studio Transformed into Modern Home | To be complete in June
- Local artist Chris Cox built existing home 10-15 years ago against the Basalt mountains – Demesne architects are now converting the open studio space and 2-bedroom home into a 5-bedroom modern home paying homage to the original structure housing expansive artist studio and living spaces.
- ○ Preserving original structure made from dismantled barn with all the timbers that was shipped from the Midwest and erected in Pitkin County to make a barn-like structure with an expansive studio and home.
- Example of how to use reclaimed materials, modern interiors and restructuring existing space for contemporary family.
Melding art and design at Demesne – Founder and Lead architect, Richard Mullen’s artwork and sketch examples available upon request. Mullen can give examples of how architecture is a form of art and talk about how his process is different when creating works on the page.
Aspen Public Radio, broadcasting on 91.5 KAJX, Aspen and 88.9 KCJX, Carbondale, as well as several translators is a public radio station located in Aspen, Colorado, serving communities in the Roaring Fork, Crystal, Colorado, Frying Pan and Eagle River valleys. Their primary format is NPR news. Their mission is to support, nourish, and enrich the community by providing informative, entertaining and educational radio and digital programming in a reliable and professional manner.
BREAKING NEWS DESTINATION – Streaming 24/7 important Roaring Fork Valley updates and statewide mandates on Coronavirus and beyond. Listen live: aspenpublicradio.org
- APR is working directly with Pitkin County to provide free announcements and updates about the coronavirus on the air as part of our station’s commitment to informing the public. We will continue to provide updates on the air, as well as on the website.
- APR is utilizing our Rocky Mountain Why? platform in reverse to ask users on our web site, “what questions do you have about the coronavirus?” to help inform our coverage and answer your concerns. Rocky Mountain Why– Involves energizing ideas for news stories suggested by listeners. Heading out to get answers to community questions, bringing the quadrant along for the ride with producers, offers a balance of positive stories with daily news coverage.
NEW PROGRAMMING: Local Topics Get the Spotlight ; APR is not only the local news source you can rely on for breaking updates but as your virtual destination for informative and engaging content about our community, history, and the way we live.
– Additional innovative local content, including news series Rocky Mountain Why?, podcast Gen Z Tea, and live programs Tell Me More Tour are available and forthcoming this spring.
MARK OLDMAN at the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen
Mark Oldman Celebrate 15th Food & Wine Aspen | 2020 Schedule:
- Wine for Quintillionaires: The World’s Most Coveted Wine
- Club Med: Mediterranean Wines with Tapas
Martha Stewart is coming back for the 2nd year, plus Rick Bayless, Richard Blais, Stephanie Izard, Kwame Onwauchi, Jacques and Claudine Pépin, Nancy Silverton, Geoffrey Zakarian, and Andrew Zimmern to headline event held FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen on June 19 – 21. Return of the respected and highly anticipated Best New Chefs dinner on Saturday, June 20th, which will celebrate and offer tasting dishes for each of the 2020 F&W Best New Chefs. NEW: First non-alcoholic beverage seminar being added to the schedule.
Marble Distilling Co. is a female-founded, award-winning and zero-waste craft spirits distillery, luxury boutique ‘Distillery Inn’ and tasting room located in the heart of historic Carbondale. Marble Distilling Co. is the only distiller filtering spirits through crushed, 99.5% calcite Yule marble, from the quarry in Marble, Colorado. This is the same quarry where they sourced the stone for columns of the Lincoln Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This all natural, one of a kind filtration system allows the flavor of the 100% Colorado grains to shine through yet affords a smooth, creamy finish. Marble Bar Aspen is the tasting room located in the Grand Hyatt in downtown Aspen. www.marbledistilling.com