News roundup LLT.LTD – November 2018
llt.ltd creative, strategic branding & communication ::: News roundup LLT.LTD 11.2018
Aspen Shakti – As Aspen’s destination yoga studio, alchemy spa and wellness center, Aspen Shakti is dedicated to inspiring physical, emotional and spiritual strength in a luminous space. The studio combines gracious hospitality, cutting-edge teachers, a variety of quality classes, alchemy and shamanic healing, and a carefully curated mix of inspired products and services. Founder, Jayne Gottlieb is the thought leader, community gatherer and magnetic force behind Aspen Shakti. www.aspenshakti.com
- Silent Disco Yoga
- Mind Travel Meditation
- Haute Buddhi Yoga
- Traveling Sanctuary Boxes – Choose from: an Abundance Ritual Box, a Romantic Ritual Box, a Full Moon Release and a New Moon Manifestation Ritual Box
- Aspen Shakti Fragrance – The new Aspen Shakti fragrance captures ‘Aspen in a bottle’
- Aspen Shakti ‘Sanctuary Space Setting’
- Alchemy Spa sessions
- The unveiling of the new Shaman Room for shamanic healing sessions
Aspen Custom Vans – Own, rent or remodel from a fleet of customized 4×4 Mercedes Sprinter vans. Functional, custom-designed and attractive, these vans are built-out with every luxury in mind. The 4-person dinette converts to a queen-sized bed with accessible storage solutions below. Custom van rentals for $220/night ~ Fractional ownership of vans ~ Fairly priced remodels & build-outs ~ Consultation for people interested in building out their own custom vans ~ www.aspencustomvans.com
- A road-ski trip that begins and ends in Aspen Snowmass – with storm chasing in between around other IKON pass resorts.
- ‘Roughing it in Aspen’ as a storyline — enjoy the ‘Duct Tape To Diamonds’ lifestyle poppin’ bottles of Veuve Clicquot in The Little Nell living room, then hit the hay in your cozy van – or – stay in the van one night and the hotel the next night.
Marble Distilling Co. is a female-founded, award-winning and zero-waste craft spirits distillery, as well as a luxury, boutique, called the ‘Distillery Inn,’ and tasting room located in the heart of historic Carbondale. Marble Distilling Co. is the only distiller filtering spirits through crushed, 99.5% calcite Yule marble from the quarry in Marble, Colorado. This is the same quarry where the stone columns of the Lincoln Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are sourced. This all natural, one-of-a-kind filtration system allows the flavor of the 100% Colorado grains to shine through yet affords a smooth, creamy finish. Marble Bar Aspen is the newest tasting room located in the Grand Hyatt in downtown Aspen. www.marbledistilling.com
- “Come Sleep with the Stills”- The Distillery Inn is the first and only inn in the world to be housed within an operational distillery, offering five sophisticated, contemporary rooms — the only luxury accommodations between Vail and Aspen Snowmass.
- #FemaleForward – MDC is female founded and run by Connie Baker, the head distiller and pioneer of MDC’s sustainable distilling process.
- Saving the Planet One Bottle at a Time – MDC is a zero-waste distillery using innovative, sustainable processes to make award-winning, handcrafted, premium spirits. MDC is willing to share their first-of-a-kind, closed loop, Water Energy Thermal System (WETS) with other distillers capturing 100% of the water and energy utilized and created during the distillation process. Many readers are not aware how traditional distilling methods are wasteful
- MDC spirits are distilled through a unique, natural filtration process using Yule marble from the nearby old mining town of Marble, CO. The same marble was used to build the Lincoln Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- MDC currently offers five spirits: Marble Vodka, Moonlight EXpresso, Gingercello, Gingercello Reserve & Hoover’s Revenge Ragged Mountain Rye Whiskey.
- Grain to Glass to Ground. Zero-Waste – Using locally sourced grains from ½ mile away from Nieslanik Beef Ranch, MDC takes the spent mash of the grains back to the Ranch as feed for the livestock – the cows & pigs love it! NOW SHIPPING – Spirits can be purchased online and shipped to legally approved states through www.davidsonsliquors.com: 750 ml bottles of: Vodka $26.99; Moonlight EXpresso $32.99; Gingercello $37.99; Gingercello Reserve $52.99.
Proximus Tequila & Proximus ‘Paloma in a Can’ – Proximus Tequila was founded in 2008 by an unlikely duo in Denver, CO: analytically-minded Carlos Gonzalez, a Physics Engineer from Guadalajara, Mexico, and Aaron Forman, a Chicago-born Sommelier and Restauranteur with a superb tasting palate. Proximus is a premium blanco tequila made with 100% blue agave grown in the highlands above Arrandas, Mexico. Ten years later the duo dreamed up the unthinkable: putting Mexico’s most beloved cocktail — the paloma — in a portable, easy-to-serve, stylish can. Proximus ‘Paloma in a Can’ is the only all-natural, sparkling craft paloma on the market. The beverage contains just six all-natural ingredients with a hint of effervescence. Enjoy an artisanal cocktail with no fuss, no clean up and no high fructose corn syrup, food dyes, or artificial ingredients. Available for purchase online through www.davidsonsliquors.com:a four pack of cans is $11.99; a 750 ml bottle of Proximus Tequila is $33.99. www.tequilaproximus.com
The Aspen Art Museum is a non-collecting institution presenting the newest, most important evolutions in international contemporary art. Innovative and timely exhibitions, educational and public programs, immersive activities, and community happenings actively engage audiences in thought-provoking experiences of art, culture, and society. www.aspenartmuseum.org
- Free Museum in Aspen with unparalleled views of town and Aspen Mountain that is open to the public
- Aspen as a cultural mecca; world-class, revolving contemporary art exhibiting the same artists as MoMA
- Run by Heidi Zuckerman, female pioneer, yogi and creative instigator in the art world
- Rashid Johnson exhibit: July 5 – November 3, 2019. In summer 2019, Aspen Art Museum will present a solo exhibition by Johnson featuring new and existing works. Rashid Johnson is the recipient of the 2018 Aspen Award for Art awarded at the annual Artcrush Gala.
- In 2019, the Aspen Art Museum will celebrate three monumental anniversaries:
- 5th Anniversary in the Shigeru Ban (Pritzker award-winning architect) building
- 40th anniversary as an Institution
- 15th anniversary of the inaugural Artcrush – Aspen’s annual marquee art and social event of the year hosting artists, gallerists, and social elite each summer
Ski With Kim – When she isn’t at home in Aspen, CO, or surfing at her off-the-grid casa in Baja, Mexico, the World, U.S. and South American Extreme-Skiing champion Kim Reichhelm, can be found on the slopes—just about anywhere in the world—hosting adventurous, exciting and life-changing ski camps. Kim’s ski camps are unique and valuable experiential trips that leave lasting impressions. Kim has skied with the U.S. Ski Team, the Women’s Pro Tour and has made numerous television appearances including Late Night with David Letterman, Dateline NBC, ESPN and FOX. She was recently named by SKI magazine as one of the “Top Most Influential Skiers of All Time.” www.skiwithkim.com
Skiing/Outdoor Adventure Trends:
- How To Ski All Day and Drink All Night
- How to Date on The Slopes: From ages 21-65! — Kim is on Tinder, Bumble and a Fan of Online Dating on the Slopes. She can offer stories and tips from a Ski & Dating Pro.
- How To Get in Ski Shape On The Beach
- Kim’s Motivational Speaking Topics — scintillating stories and examples include, but are not limited to:
- female empowerment
- female youth
- persevering setbacks
- not being afraid to ask for what you want
- overcoming fear
- translating what makes one successful on the slopes to being successful in the business world.