BEET BUZZ |EXPERIENTIAL SKI CAMPS |SHAMAN SANCTUARY | ROAD TRIP GOALS
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 303.641.4370
MARBLE DISTILLERY’S BEET BUZZ & LUXURIOUS INN PACKAGES
Marble Distilling Co. (MDC) is a female-founded, award-winning and zero-waste craft spirits distillery, luxury boutique inn and tasting room located in the heart of historic Carbondale. Marble Bar Aspen is
the newest tasting room located in the Grand Hyatt in downtown Aspen.
NOW SHIPPING – Marble Distilling Spirits can be purchased online and shipped to legally approved states through Davidsons Liquors: 750 ml bottles: Vodka $28.99; Gingercello $37.99; Moonlight EXpresso $32.99. https://www.davidsonsliquors.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=marble+distilling
NEW FEATURED FALL-WINTER COCKTAIL RECIPE – Nothing ‘beets’ love during the holidays! A play off of The Office’s Dwight Shrute and his beet farm, this new, flavorful cocktail brings colorful cheer to your fall and winter. Using locally sourced fruit and vegetables from the end-of-summer haul, Marble Distillery cold presses juice to concoct creative cocktails with artisan spirits distilled by their zero-waste process through Colorado marble. Recipe
DISTILLERY INN PACKAGES – The only inn within a distillery and the only luxury inn between Vail and Aspen Snowmass.
Off Season Special – From October 16th-November 15th: Book 2 nights and the 2nd night is 50% off, plus 2 complimentary cocktails.
Fall Colors Special – Save 10% when booking directly at The Distillery Inn. Come explore the stunning, golden Aspen tree fall colors in the Roaring Fork Valley and enjoy a relaxing night stay at The Distillery Inn. Book directly by calling 970.963.7008 or email scoop@marbledistlilling to receive 10% off any weeknight stay (based upon availability) now through November 16th. Perfect for autumnal leaf peeping. Bonus – get a complimentary bottle of MARBLE Vodka in your room upon arrival.
NEW SWEET & SPIRITED HOLIDAY TREAT – Handcrafted with innovative and sophisticated flavor combinations utilizing Marble’s spirits, Saddleback Chocolates are designed around the Marble logo design and make a decadent gift for the chocolate and spirits lover. At the Marble Bar tasting rooms in Aspen and Carbondale, guests can imbibe on chocolate and spirit pairings with flavor profiles mixing and matching a vodka-chocolate flight and a whiskey-chocolate flight. 4 chocolates per box – $6.
NEW DISTILL IN THE WORKS: PEACH PERFECT – With 6,000 pounds of Paonia, CO peaches (valued at $3,000), MDC hand-processed a signature ‘eau de vie’ Marble Paonia Peach Brandy this fall, with limited availability of last season’s batch. This year’s batch will be ready to taste in the fall of 2019 after a year of aging in third generation Gingercello reserve casks. Reserve your bottle now!
THE GIFT OF EXPERIENTIAL SKIING | SKI WITH KIM
When she isn’t at home in Aspen, CO or surfing at her off-the-grid casa in Baja, MX, the World, U.S. and South American Extreme Skiing champion, Kim Reichhelm, can be found on the slopes, just about anywhere in the world, hosting adventurous, exciting and life-changing ski camps. Fun-loving, detail-oriented, professional and dedicated to the spirit of adventure, Kim’s ski camps are unique and valuable experiential trips that leave lasting impressions.
EXPERIENTIAL GIFT GIVING – Ski With Kim is the perfect experiential holiday gift for the person who has everything — and the person who not only loves to ski, but also wants to improve their technique. Experience Kim’s Women’s Ski Adventures, Steep Camps and Co-ed Ski Clinics.
NEW CAMP LOCATIONS FOR 2018-19 SKI SEASON – Kim is excited about her new camp destinations this ski season: “Eighty percent of my clients return to ‘Ski With Kim’ camps. They love skiing with me, but they also want to explore new mountains. I’m excited to announce some new destinations like Crested Butte — which was my home for a long time. I like to create unique ski experiences that people aren’t typically able to get on their own — like heli-skiing and fly fishing in Alaska.”
On one of her newest ski camp destinations, Kim raves, “Revelstoke is a hot spot. Everyone wants to ski there right now. It’s an intimate resort with a huge mountain to ski and a quaint, funky town with lots of character. Let’s head up north and check out the goods.” Kim’s newest, upcoming ski camps include the following locations:
- Crested Butte, Colorado
- Big Sky, Montana
- Revelstoke, Canada
Attendees at Kim’s Women’s Clinic will enjoy complimentary state-of-the-art women’s specific K2 demo skis, as Kim is on the design and athletic teams for K2. Her clients can test out all different skis, which will help them make educated buying decisions without any pressure. Inspirational women guests and female forward conversations will be weaved throughout the camp. Kim, on her women’s camps:
“A group experience with other women is even more empowering than a 1:1 lesson because we learn from one another. It takes the pressure off of you as an individual. We learn more when we are listening to someone give pointers to another person. I’ve found it can be easier to process the information without internalizing the information as much.”
Kim likes nothing better than showing off the place she likes to ski best. Four incredible mountains and a town that rules all ski towns, the Aspen Steep Clinic will engage one’s mind, body and spirit in ways no other winter vacation will. Designed for advanced and expert skiers who have the ability to ski challenging terrain but need the confidence to take it to the next level, Kim and her hand-picked staff will provide a safe, and controlled environment to work on techniques, tricks and skills that build the skill set confidence to take on bigger terrain. This camp includes skiing at: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and snowcat skiing with Aspen Powder Tours. Aspen Ski Camps Sample Schedule 2019
SKI SPEAKER! Kim is also an inspirational public speaker. Most recently, she gave the commencement speech at Stratton Mountain School. Up next she will speak at the University of Colorado Ski Team fundraiser this fall. Topics she speaks about with scintillating stories and examples include but are not limited to: female empowerment, female youth, persevering setbacks, not being afraid to ask for what you want, team-building, overcoming fear and translating what makes one successful on the slopes to being successful in the business world. Kim has skied with the U.S. Ski Team, the Women’s Pro Tour and has made numerous television appearances including Late Night with David Letterman, Dateline NBC and frequently hosted ESPN, FOX, OLN and Resort Sports Network. She was recently named by SKI magazine as one of the “Top Most Influential Skiers of All Time.”
Images: Matt Power SWK Steep Camp Photos 2018:
YOGA & WELLNESS TRENDS & SHAMANIC SPIRITS
Aspen Shakti, Aspen’s destination yoga studio is dedicated to inspiring physical, emotional and spiritual strength in a luminous space with splendid hospitality, cutting-edge teachers, a variety of quality classes, an alchemy spa and a carefully curated mix of inspired products and services. Founder, Jayne Gottlieb is a thought leader, community gatherer and the magnetic force behind Aspen Shakti.
NEW WELLNESS TRENDS IN: MINDFUL YOGA, DANCE & COLD WEATHER CLASSES
- Silent Disco Yoga – A fresh take on the silent disco, this class utilizes headphones that pipe in music and the instructor’s voice to guide you through and draw you deeper into your yoga practice.
- Mind Travel Meditation – A provocative musical and yoga experience called MindTravel meditation with Murray Hidaray combines specially composed music and Jayne’s asana yoga instruction to take you to faraway places.
- As cold weather rolls in, a perfect antidote to winter sports is Aspen Shakti’s new one-hour Heated Stretch Class with roller therapy ($28.) With the use of the one of a kind VIBE® Vibrating Rollers, this class sequences vibration myofascial techniques with isolated muscle and joint stretching, strengthening exercises and whole body integration. The heated stretch will help you reduce pain and risk of injury, improve posture stability and mobility around the joints, all while revitalizing your body and mind. This class is for all skill levels— from desk workers to workout junkies— and concentrates on the four common tight spots: ankles, hips, shoulders and lower back.
- Haute Buddhi Yoga is a fun, playful, high cardio yoga dance class that will change your mind, your body — and your ‘booty.’ Buddhi is a Sanskrit term derived from the root “budh,” which means “to know” or “to be awake,” hence, buddhi refers to intellect, wisdom and the power of the mind. Aspen Shakti puts their own interpretation on the Buddhi yoga movement with upbeat rap music accompanied by live drumming during class at a temperature of around 85 degrees. An expression of essence and female empowerment, this special class awakens one’s deep consciousness, bringing together a sisterhood and community oneness. “Haute Buddhi yoga is going to change Aspen from the inside out,” proclaims Jayne Gottlieb, Founder of Aspen Shakti, “all shapes, sizes and colors come together to lift one another up and break down barriers of judgement or competition. It’s the essence of positivity – and the essence of shakti. It’s also really fun! You walk out with a natural buzz!”
HOLISTIC HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS
- Traveling Sanctuary Boxes – Choose from: an Abundance Ritual Box, a Romantic Ritual Box, a Full Moon Release and a New Moon Manifestation Ritual Box ($85 apiece). Boxes include:
- Crystals selected to support your designed intention
- Essential oil for aromatherapy
- Palo santo and sage to clear space
- Personal items for specific intentions
- Leather skein to place items upon
- Aspen Shakti Fragrance – The new Aspen Shakti fragrance captures ‘Aspen in a bottle’ with sexy and creative energy with a body scent ($68) and a room spray scent ($58). Using all organic ingredients, the fragrances contain: bergamot for connection to divine powers, cedar for sultry undertones and grounding, black pepper for spice, sex and femininity, and lemon for cleansing, clearing and brightening.
- Aspen Shakti ‘Sanctuary Space Setting’ – The Aspen Shakti team will first clear your designated space by using sage and palo santo, followed by the installation of a sanctuary ideal for meditation or intimate conversations. Arrive to your hotel/lodging/home to find it abundantly adorned with flowers, candles and crystals. The experience includes: a sheepskin blanket, a meditation pillow, and an Aspen Shakti gift basket. (Price: $500/ hotel room. $700/ home or condo + $100/per additional room)
- Alchemy Spa therapy sessions – Indulge in a modern-day spa that restores and aligns your mind, body and spirit. With a total assessment and personalized plan which includes Aspen Shakti yoga classes, the alchemy spa is a new and different way to shift, change and purify. Through individual meditation practice, colored crystals, essential herbs, flower essences and aura soma body oils, alchemy therapy can help you meet your personal goals.
- The unveiling of the new Shaman Room – A special space to experience Aspen’s only Shamanic healing sessions.
WHAT: Yogis in Residence Program – Aspen Shakti strives to learn through healers, physicians, psychologists and therapists to expand and add to their knowledge base. Aspen Shakti invites the ‘best of the best’ yoga and wellness instructors from LA, NYC, Chicago and around the world to bring Aspen what is new and hot in the future of yoga. A guest ‘yogi in residence’ is invited quarterly to elevate staff and guests by keeping the Aspen Shakti practice and school fresh and evolving.
WHEN: March 2019 – Back by popular demand, Yogi in Resident, Marco Rojas will return from New York with Raja Yoga in March 2019.
TAKE IT ON THE ROAD FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Friends, couples or families that road trip together — stay together — literally! Book a weekend or holiday getaway in Aspen (and/or anywhere within driving distance) in a 4×4 Mercedes Sprinter Aspen Custom Vans — and you will have an unforgettable vacation experience.
‘Blue’ is the van featured. She was built out by ACV with three dedicated seat-belted seats and a dinette for seating up to four people. Blue can also transport about seven passengers for short distances.
Functional, custom designed and beautiful, Sprinter vans are built out by Aspen Custom Vans with every luxury in mind. Kitchens face outward and the adjacent dinette is designed for everyone to sit down and enjoy meals together. The dinette converts to a queen-sized bed with accessible storage solutions below. ACV has learned a lot in the process of building out vans and they love helping people get on the road in their own vans by using their knowledge, experience and expertise. Each van is named after a ski run – like the new “Grey Wolf,” a 2018 170 wheel base Mercedes sprinter, which is currently being built out as a family-centric van with the traveling family and kids in mind. Grey Wolf will be ready to roll January 2019.
There’s nothing like pulling into camp, cracking a beer and taking in the view without the hassles of setting up camp. Give the gift of the open road this holiday season — Home is where you park it!
Aspen Custom Vans Offerings:
- Rent: You can experience the convenience of van life for yourself before taking the plunge on your own van. Custom van rentals: $220/day. Rent online at: www.outdoorsy.com
- Remodel: Fairly priced build-outs and custom-designed vans with beetle-kill wood paneling, textiles, appliances and accessories. (ACV’s custom build outs come in at roughly 10% less than most van remodel estimates.)
- Own: Fractional ownership of vans.
- Do It Yourself: Bring your van build-out ideas to life. Consultation for people interested in building out their own custom vans.
Images: Image Gallery: Aspen Custom Vans
‘Blue’ dressed up for a party: